30.9.10

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven...


Six & Five. Because yesterday happened and blogging didn't we have two for today.



Today, I am heading to Fort Smith. My parents were high school sweethearts, which means (for me anyway) that both of my sets of grandparents live about fifteen minutes away from each other. This was always great on the few Christmas' that we spent there.

Today however, right now for me...it means I have two (well three if you count them indiviually) hard goodbyes at the same time. (I would so much rather the problem be which grandparent to spend Christmas morning with!)

I have been blessed with grandparents who love God. (That's right Barbie, this thing I am doing- it is partly your fault.) So, even though these goodbyes are painful and even though selfishly I wish I could avoid them; I am incredibly thankful for people I love enough to miss. And for a God who makes goodbyes just a 'see you later'.


This is a verse, that when I can not remember why I have gone -when I need encouragement. I am going to say to myself. It is found in Nehemiah 1:3.

They said to me, "The remnant there in the province who survived the captivity are in great distress and reproach, and the wall of Jerusalem is broken down and its gates are burned with fire."
I chose this verse to encourage me, because it is not encouraging. The city had been devastated, Nehemiah's home was standing in ruins without even a wall of protection. Of course upon hearing this news his heart was broken; when learning the state of his city he had the urge to do something about it -to rebuild the walls.

That is why I chose it be my encouragement. No matter where you go, no matter where you are there are lost people. Lost people that are looking for peace, running after hope, and grasping at something anything that will protect them from the life that is sometimes so much more than scary. I want to go and rebuild walls, -better yet I want to go and be used as a tool in Jesus' hand to rebuild walls that are broken. I want to used to introduce people Jesus, I want him to be their wall of protection and their home.

My encouragement is not the devastation or the hopelessness of the lost, but the hope that I know is found in my Saviour.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you today Lizzie! Love and Miss you! I see your pretty face every day on my bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, they make me smile.