I realized for the first time today, that it feels like Christmas. An odd sensation, but a welcome one. Maybe it was because I spent some of my afternoon giving my neighbors the pictures I had taken of them. (Much to my pleasure, Filipinos love picture taking as much as I do.)
Of course, it cannot REALLY be Christmas until Thanksgiving has been celebrated. So, this is my list of thankfulness. This list is very Lizzie-ish and in no order what so ever.
1. Lila. My one and only niece. I knew early on Ike had middle child written all over him, and I am so thankful that Billy’s prayer was answered. I think God knew our family needed a cute little pink bundle of blessings this year. I cannot wait to meet her.
2. Coca-cola. In a GLASS bottle. They will even put it in a bag for you, if you ask. It is my childhood all over again, except now I do not have to ask mom and dad for it! Cause I’m buying!
3. Pan De Pugon, my favorite place in Butuan. A bakery. Fresh baked bread. Amazing cinnamon rolls. Chocolate sweet bread. Mango shakes. Seriously, I love this place. Oh and they have a breakfast menu that makes me happy. Apparently, I love fried eggs. I did not know that until moving here.
4. C2 Green Tea. Apple, Peach, Berry…there are more….and they are all wonderful. (Thanks to Megan for introducing me to it.)
5. I am most thankful, that I serve a God who talks to me. Who nudges me with His rod, and reminds me that He is with me. Life is challenging, and I don't always have the beset motivation or attitude. I fuss, complain, and sometimes even scold God. And than He speaks back. I serve a living and loving God, there is nothing better than that.
6. I am so thankful that God was so kind as to give me a texting buddy. When class is hard, when life is frustrating, when I just need to know someone else is overwhelmed too…I text Megan. Seriously, a blessing.
7. Family. I think if life were a contest, my family would win. Okay, biased yes, but I am also just simply thankful. I love them. (Damian, you are included in this sentiment…maybe next year you will even make it in the pictures.)
9. Ate Mimi and her (whole) family. Goodness, what a huge blessing. There are just not words. I thank God for them.
10. Since moving to the Philippines, I have been so humbled by all my sweet friends who care enough about me to read my silly blog and receive my very Lizzie-ish newsletter. It is your faithfulness in giving that allows me to be here. It is your prayers that encourage me to continue. Please realize that I do not take you for granted, but treasure you in thankfulness. And pray for you, and of course LOVE you.
So, now with thankfulness out of the way, I make a ruling that Christmas begins. (Christmas began here in September, so actually I am behind. )