14.11.11

Jesus. The Cost. and Loving the Lost.



  1. Jesus came as a man.
  2. He did not come as a superhero with a cape. He did not bring a big show with all the bells and whistles. He brought His power He brought His Word. He gave His time and friendship. Stop acting like you need more than you have already been given.  Do you not know that His Word is enough? That His power is mighty. A big show is not needed. All we need is Christ's example.
How much will it cost? You can put a dollar amount on it, if you like. You can even complain about it all you want. But if you think the highest cost of missions is the plane ticket, you are not seeing the big picture. The financial cost is nothing compared to the loss of pride that you will endure. You will be laughed at and mocked. If you are going cross culture you will have to relearn even the most simple task. The high cost of missional living has no monetary value.  It is the constant practice of dying to self, of biting your tongue, and trying to go with the flow. It is being lowered so that He might be exalted. Decreasing so that He might increase. But then again, maybe that is just living like Christ and has nothing to do with missions at all... 
Man is often credited with loving the lost when I think they should only be credited with loving God. It is not that I doubt their motives; loving God is in my opinion the most respectable motive one can have for missions. It is simply that I know man is sinful, and their love fickle. Thus any love that man has must be credited to God. Personally, I hope to never be credited with loving the lost. I would much rather it be said, "She loved God, and God loved people through her."
And yup, you guessed it. This'll be a Monday thing -until I runout of opinions- so ya know, like my granny would say,  "Take your time aleaving but hurry back"


1 comment:

  1. WOW! I had never thought it quite like that..."Man is often credited with loving the lost when I think they should only be credited with loving God. It is not that I doubt their motives; loving God is in my opinion the most respectable motive one can have for missions. It is simply that I know man is sinful, and their love fickle. Thus any love that man has must be credited to God. Personally, I hope to never be credited with loving the lost. I would much rather it be said, "She loved God, and God loved people through her."
    Thanks for the insight!
    God Bless,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete

Comments, they make me smile.