17.3.12

A Practical Education.


I had been hearing rumblings about a "Mock Wedding" for awhile now. This afternoon, I learned there had been a "Mock Funeral" - I think it is safe to call that a practical education, don't you think? I mean, I expect seminarians to know how to marry 'em and bury 'em - don't you?

It was a little hard to keep who people were straight, because students filled all the roles (minus the child roles who were the children of teachers/students). The Filipino culture is a fun one, you can be assured a good time with lots of laughing. They love drama. And I am always impressed with the their ability to create an atmosphere, find costumes, and in general dramatize anything and everything. Needless to say, it was quite an event.

So here are some differences...

I am not sure, but I think it was the maid of honor and the best man- or maybe it was parents...like I said hard to keep their roles clear when everyone is about the same age and such- rolled out a red carpet just in time for the fg, bearers, and bride to walk down.

They have flower girls, ring bearers, Bible bearers, and coin bearers. (The Bible one is fairly obvious, the coin boy was about prosperity.)

They pin a veil over the bride and groom, that symbolizes the wife submitting to the husband. And then they tie a cord around them, which I think symbolizes oneness.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the Mock Wedding as much as I did.

The bridesmaids! Roxanne and Elizabeth. Love them. And so pretty!
Faith, and the mock bride, Mai with her mock groom, Just. 
The veil symbolizes the wife submitting to the husband and the cord is oneness. I think. (You can't see it here but the veil is pinned to Just.) 
Yay! The newly but not really married couple!


1 comment:

  1. Hahhaha that looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, they make me smile.